Terms and Conditions
Thorntons Liverpool One Store Launch Competition
- By entering this prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions governing this promotion and by any other requirements set out in related promotional materials.
- Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 and over with the exception of employees of the Promoter or anyone else associated with the administration of this promotion.
- The promotion will begin at 9am on 23rd October 2019 and closes at 10pm on 21st November 2019 ("Promotion Period").
- Entrants can only enter once.
- No entries from agents, third parties or organised groups will be accepted. No bulk entries.
- To enter: Visit the Thorntons store at Liverpool ONE, and fill in your details in the entry form during the Promotion Period.
- No purchase necessary.
- Main Prize: There is 1 prize available to be won, consisting of an afternoon tea for the winner and three guests at the Thorntons Liverpool One store. Each person will also receive a medium Create Your Own Craftery box with a personalised iced name tag.
- Runners Up Prizes: There are 2 runner’s up prizes available to be won, each consisting of a prosecco or wine chocolate hamper.
- Prize Conditions:
- The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received, under independent supervision. The winner will be notified by email to the email address provided on the entry form by the 5th December The winner will then have 7 days to respond to confirm acceptance of the prize and their delivery address, if a winner does not respond to the Promoter within this time, they will forfeit their prize and the Promoter shall select another winner at random from all remaining valid entries.
- Proof of identity may be required before the prize is awarded to the winner.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
- All winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize (including to any guests), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation, this also includes the selling of prizes to third parties. In the event for any reason the prize winners do not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winners and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the promotion or accepting the prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If a winning entry from a draw is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of the prize will be randomly selected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winner(s).
- The names of the winners may be obtained by writing to Thorntons Contact Center, Thorntons Park, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 4XJ up to one month after the Closing Date.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- If you would like a written copy of these full Terms and Conditions, please write to: Thorntons Contact Center, Thorntons Park, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 4XJ.
- By entering this Promotion you give the Promoter and its agencies your consent to process your personal data for the purpose of conducting this promotion only. The Promoter may disclose winners’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion, fulfilling the prize or communicating with entrants. Any personal data the Promoter or its agencies obtains in relation to the entrants of the Promotion, shall only be kept for a period of three months following the end of the Promotion, following this time it shall be deleted or destroyed. Any personal data relating to the winner shall only be kept for a period of 18 months following the end of the Promotion for fulfilment of the prize, after which time it shall be deleted or destroyed.
- Data Controller: Thorntons Limited, 889 Greenford Road, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 0HE.
- Promoter: Thorntons Limited, 889 Greenford Road, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 0HE.
a. The prize must be taken within one year from when it is sent to the winner.
b. No transport or accommodation costs included in the prize.
c. The winner will be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the voucher provider.
d. The Prize does not include additional activities or services, or any other costs of a personal nature that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions or confirmed when the winner is notified and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the prize will be responsible for any such costs.