At Thorntons, we have been helping people to pass the love on in their local communities and with their friends and families for over 100 years.
Our colleagues up and down the country are passionate and dedicated to delivering our quality products to our customers and for this we would like to thank them all.
With the ongoing case of COVID-19, it is important that we continue to protect the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and our customers and we would like to provide you with an update on some of the measures we have taken as a business so far.
Thorntons Stores and Thorntons.co.uk
We have been closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation and Government direction. We continue to strictly follow and apply Government and local authorities’ guidelines across England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
We have chosen to temporarily close our stores and cafes in locations which apply to non-essential closures, in line with Government and public health restrictions.
Our customers can continue to access our range of Thorntons products, online through our website www.thorntons.co.uk .
We have introduced contact-free home delivery for all our deliveries. This gives you and your recipients the peace of mind of no hand-to-hand contact and the driver can leave the delivery safely at your door. Where a signature is required, the delivery driver will take the first and last name of the person accepting the item and record the geolocation of the delivery. You do not need to take any action to enable this. Our couriers Hermes and Parcelforce specific delivery statements are available on their websites via the links below:
Hermes (Standard): https://new.myhermes.co.uk/coronavirus.html
Parcelforce (Next Day): https://www.parcelforce.com/coronavirus
For all our stores and cafes that remain open we have introduced several safety measures, in line with the local government and local authority guidelines, to protect the health and safety of our colleagues and customers at all time.
These measures are regularly reviewed and adjusted in line with the latest guidelines, and include:
- Additional training for all our colleagues including handwashing, sanitising and cleaning practices of all touch points.
- Communication with customers prior to entering the store through a hosting role at the store entrance.
- New safety measures throughout the store - including social distancing, limitation of customer numbers in store & contactless payment.
- New pre and instore point of sale supporting social distancing – including floor markers to clearly indicate 2 metre distancing and where possible one-way direction indicators.
- Screens setup at tills to protect colleagues and customers; with the provision of hand sanitiser in high traffic areas for use by all.
- Upweighted frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces – using the recommended standard cleaning products.
- Provision of protective equipment for our colleagues including masks and gloves.
- Amendment to store offer in line with guidance, including removal of demonstrations and sampling.
- Strict adherence by all our colleagues regarding self-isolation protocols with paid absence in line with governmental guidelines.
- Groups larger than six will be refused entry from all our cafes.
- Our staff have been wearing mandatory face masks since re-opening across the summer. Customers who refuse to wear a mask or to complete the test and trace process will be refused entry unless they are exempt from doing so.
We continue to closely follow the government’s advice and will adapt safety measures accordingly.
Thorntons and our community
Community has always been important to us and we are committed to playing our role in supporting how we can. We have been already been active in suppling food banks nationally and FareShare with our products to support the vulnerable.
Like you, we have been humbled by the selflessness of our front-line workers at this challenging time. Following the outreach of staff in numerous NHS trusts, we have been be supplying products across the country at this challenging time, as a small token of our deep thanks and gratitude.
These are hard times and we will continue to follow the advice of government, protect the safety of our colleagues during the constant evolution of this unprecedented situation.
We would like to thank our wonderful colleagues for their hard work during this challenging time and our customers for your continued support.
Stay safe and we hope to welcome you back in to all our stores soon.