At Thorntons, we have been helping people to pass the love on with their friends and families for over 100 years.
Our colleagues up and down the country are passionate and dedicated to delivering our quality products to our customers and for this we would like to thank them all.
With the ongoing case of COVID-19, it is important that we continue to protect the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and our customers and we would like to provide you with an update on some of the measures we have taken as a business so far.
Thorntons Stores and Thorntons.co.uk
Since the start of the pandemic, our focus has been on ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and customers. We voluntarily closed all our Thorntons stores and cafes in advance of government direction back in March, and since re-opening have put in place a number of safety measures in line with industry guidelines.
The safety measures we have put in place are under constant review to ensure they remain in line with new Government guidance. Our Thorntons cafes in Scotland will close at 6pm and our Thorntons Cafes in England will close up until 9pm in line with Government guidelines.
We can also confirm that we have introduced new safety measures across our Thorntons stores and cafes in line with the latest Government guidance. These include:
- All our Thorntons cafes in England are offering table service.
- We have added NHS test and trace posters across our cafes in England with clear directions on how customers should participate in the process.
- Our staff have been wearing mandatory face masks since re-opening across the summer.
- Customers who refuse to wear a mask or to complete the test and trace process will be refused entry unless they are exempt from doing so.
- Groups larger than six will also be refused entry from all our cafes.
To find out more about the safety measures, please visit our retail stores update page.
Our customers can also continue to access our range of Thorntons products, online through our website www.thorntons.co.uk
We have contact free home delivery for all of our deliveries. This gives you and your recipients the peace of mind of no hand-to-hand contact and the driver can leave the delivery safely at your door. Where a signature is required, the delivery driver will take the first and last name of the person accepting the item and record the geolocation of the delivery. You do not need to take any action to enable this.
Our couriers Hermes and Parcelforce specific delivery statements are available on their websites via the links below:
At Thorntons, like many other food businesses, we are still working to guarantee production continuity and ensure we are not compromising the food supply chain in the UK.
We continue to strictly follow and apply the relevant local public authorities’ and Public Health England guidelines, while safeguarding the health of our colleagues as our number one priority. Specific preventative measures already in place at our factory include:
- Strict adherence by all our colleagues regarding self-isolation protocols with paid absence in line with governmental guidelines.
- Each colleague has their temperature taken during each day, by trained medical professionals.
- Specific protective equipment has been provided to all personnel with direct external contact
- Strictly observing social distancing guidelines. This includes social distancing signs, tapped floor markings across the factory floor, changing rooms and in our E-commerce centre. In our canteen we have table spacing and staggered break times to ensure 2 metre distancing is observed
- Best practices distributed to all colleagues to prevent coronavirus– this includes guidelines on frequent hand washing and social distancing.
- All common areas sanitised frequently with increased cleaning colleagues on hand.
Thorntons and our colleagues
We are closely monitoring the evolving situation in line with government direction, and the safety of our colleagues remains our number one priority.
We will continue to work closely with the government to better understand how we can support our colleagues during the constant evolution of this unprecedented situation.
Thorntons and our colleagues
We have introduced contact-free home delivery for all our deliveries. This gives you and your recipients the peace of mind of no hand-to-hand contact and the driver can leave the delivery safely at your door. Where a signature is required, the delivery driver will take the first and last name of the person accepting the item and record the geolocation of the delivery. You do not need to take any action to enable this. Our couriers Hermes and Parcelforce specific delivery statements are available on their websites via the links below:
Thorntons and our community
Community has always been important to us and we are committed to playing our role in supporting how we can. We have been already been active in suppling food banks nationally and FareShare with our products to support the vulnerable.
Like you, we have been humbled by the selflessness of our front-line workers at this challenging time. Following the outreach of staff in numerous NHS trusts, we have been supplying products across the country at this challenging time, as a small token of our deep thanks and gratitude.
We also responded immediately to a direct request from government to gift machinery from our factory to support the testing work they are doing on COVID-19.
These are hard times and we will continue to follow the advice of government, protect the safety of our colleagues and understand how we can support our industry during the constant evolution of this unprecedented situation.
We would like to thank our wonderful colleagues for their hard work during this challenging time and our customers for your continued support.