They are designed to hold a small amount of data specific to the Thorntons website, and can be accessed either by computer or handheld device such as a smart phone or tablet. The cookies on this website enable you to shop online with us and this is why they are essential.
Cookies are a convenient way to carry information from one session on a website to another. Storing the data on our server without using cookies would cause problems because it would be difficult to retrieve a particular user's information without requiring a login on each visit to our website.
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website in relation to transactions that are made online.
2. To allow Thorntons to collect information about the browsing and shopping activities of our customers so we can improve their customer journeys.
3. To ensure Thorntons meets its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from another website that is run by these third parties.
Yes, you can disable cookies by changing your web browser settings to reject cookies. Below is a short tutorial from which you can reject cookies in your web browser, easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Choose the menu "tools" from the top bar, above or below the address bar, depending which version you are using
2. Click on "Internet Options" at the very bottom of this new tab
3. Click on the tab "privacy"
4. Select the appropriate setting for how you would like cookies to act on the Thorntons website
1. Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
2. Select "Settings"
3. Click "Show advanced settings"
4. In the "Privacy" section, click the "Content settings" button
5. In the "Cookies" section, you can change any of the cookie settings in here.